Image Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers' Day to all of the amazing mamas out there, but especially MINE!  As a teacher, I am constantly realizing the important role that parents play in their children's lives, and I feel so blessed to have a strong, beautiful mother who has shaped me into the woman I am today.  I am especially appreciative of the Godly perspective on life she is always ready to provide when I call on her with any worry or problem, and the strong morals and values that were instilled within me at a young age that I am able to carry with me into my adult life.  

Ever wonder how I became a fashionista teacher?  Um, hello!  This lady right here!  Even after 30+ years of teaching, she's still very passionate about what she does and truly LOVES her job.  I really hope to be able to have this same passion in 30 years.  As for the "fashionista" part of me, I'm pretty sure my first excursion after leaving the hospital was a visit to the mall!  I'm so thankful that her eye for style was passed on to me.  Just look at her M.O.B. dress!  AH-MAZING!



I can't forget this beautiful mama-in-law!  She did an excellent job of raising my hubby, a true man of God.  I'm so very blessed to have a mother-in-law who has welcomed me into the family as one of her own.  
 

Need a last minute Mothers' Day activity for your students?  I just found out an artsy fartsy 3rd grade teacher at my school has a Teachers' Pay Teachers store, and has ADORABLE Mothers' Day cards available!  My kiddos decorated theirs on Tuesday and they did such a good job!  There is even owl themed Mothers' Day stationery!  Thanks for the fun project, Cindy!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I have to admit, Jenna, that I have always admired your mom's style!! Every Sunday at church I would just drool over her "grown-up" style! Needless to say, it's easy to see where you get your fashion sense from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I will have to tell her, she will love it! PS So happy we can be blogging friends! I just love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete